Effective Date: December 8, 2020
Collection of Information
We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features of the Website or submit content, or directly contact us:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Job applications, including resumes, cover letters and references;
- Search queries; and
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us.
Please note that any information taken from you in person may be subject to additional disclosures and/or confidentiality requirements set forth in materials given to you at the time of data collection.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Website, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers (e.g., IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI);
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your device characteristics;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Sites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Sites, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your device location and/or other geolocation information, including the zip code, state, or country from which you accessed the Sites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
Standard Server Log Information
Social Networking Services
Myeloid Therapeutics may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Website. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Website with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Website. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Website and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Website or about your use of our Website, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
Response to “Do Not Track” Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. However, because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Website or in person for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Operate and improve our Website, products, information, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Website, products, and services;
- Process employment applications;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products, information, and services you request;
- Conduct analytics and/or research regarding information obtained during during your visit to our website;
- Process and analyze information, including personal information, collected from you during your visit to our website;
- Meet our audit, compliance, and regulatory obligations;
- Send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products, information and services offered by Myeloid Therapeutics and our selected partners;
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Assist when it is necessary for emergency medical purposes or to protect your or another person’s vital interests;
- Comply with a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Information
Myeloid Therapeutics may collect or process your Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a transaction or contract with you or provide you our Services;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Corporate Parents and Affiliates.As applicable, we may share your information with affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers.We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Website, manage databases, process data, perform analyses or send communications for us).
- In Connection with a Transfer of Assets.If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties with Your Express or Implied Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information.We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
- Law Enforcement.Under certain circumstances, Myeloid Therapeutics may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Myeloid Therapeutics respects the privacy of children, and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For that reason, no part of our Site is targeted to attract anyone under the age of 13. Myeloid Therapeutics does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by COPPA. Users from ages 13 to 15 must represent and warrant that they are visiting the Site under the supervision of a parent or guardian, and we may ask your parent or guardian to provide prior written consent for you to use the Site. By providing your consent, you agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your child’s Personal Information consistent with this Privacy Notice. If you believe we have information regarding a child under the age of 16 that you have not authorized, you may contact us at [email protected] or use the Webform below to request that we delete it.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
If you receive emails or other communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly at our contact information below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our ongoing business relations. You may also request changes or updates to your personal information by sending a request at our contact information below.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of or located within the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain additional data protection rights. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us at the contact information below.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Myeloid Therapeutics relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Exercising Your Rights Under GDPR:
If applicable, you may exercise any of rights under GDPR by submitting a verifiable data subject request to us by using our webform or emailing us at [email protected]. You may make a request related to your personal information or on behalf of someone for which you have authorization. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a citizen or resident of the EEA by including your country of citizenship or residence in your request. We may require you to confirm your identity and/or legal standing for the request as well as your residency in the EEA in order to obtain the information. We will respond to your request within 30 days or let you know if we need additional time.
Webform: Click Here
Email Address: [email protected]
Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests, and we may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority; however, we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your Personal Information first by contacting us at [email protected].
For more information about GDPR, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Myeloid Therapeutics will also retain Personal Information and usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Information
Links to Third-Party Content
As a convenience to our visitors, the Website may link to a number of sites, services and other content that are operated and maintained by third parties. These third parties operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. You are encouraged to use common sense when sharing your Personal Information, and you should be aware when you leave our Site to visit another Site. None of the links on this Site should be deemed to imply that Myeloid Therapeutics endorses the content or has any affiliation with the persons or entities associated therewith. This Privacy Notice does not apply to third-party content. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party to whom you provide information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Myeloid Therapeutics, Inc.
300 Technology Square, Suite 203
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139